Our spacious and modern library offers comfortable, quiet study space for students, researchers and staff. It is not only permanently linked to Curtin University’s world-class library but is well stocked with collections of prescribed and recommended books for all courses on offer at Curtin Mauritius. A variety of academic journals and periodicals as well as various audiovisual collections, is also available.
Membership is available to all Curtin Mauritius students and staff.
The following procedures must be followed to register as a library member:
- A completed application form, your national ID card and a clearance certificate from the accounts department must be submitted to the issue desk
- Library membership will become available immediately after registration
Services offered by Curtin Mauritius Library:
- Archive and reference collection: Unique collection are maintained and made accessible to all. The library aims to provide scholarly information resources to support the current and future needs of teaching, learning and research at Curtin Mauritius.
- Reserve group study rooms: Curtin Mauritius staff and students can reserve a block of time in advance to use a group study room. This can be done through Academic reception staff
- Borrow and request items for loan: Curtin Mauritius staff and students can borrow and request any item held in our collection.
- Building the library’s collections: In collaboration with library clients, the library aims to provide scholarly information resources to support the current and future needs of teaching, learning and research at Curtin Mauritius. Staff and students are encouraged to make recommendations for purchase
- Computing services: About 40 fixed computers are available in the library. These are equipped with basic and specialised software and internet access available during library open hours. Also 60 loanable laptops are available from IT department with standard and specialised software and internet access. Proper formalities have to be followed to loan these.
- Copyright policy: The copyright for any material created by the author is reserved. Any duplication or use of objects such as images, diagrams, sounds or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author’s agreement.
- Enquiries service: Help is available for use of the library resources, services and facilities. Knowledgeable staff assist with a range of queries including, Prescribed and Recommended books, lending services, payments and queries regarding fines, assistance with printing/photocopying/ scanning, computer problems etc. OPAC service is available to all to search for resources at Curtin Mauritius Library
- Equity services: All staff and students have appropriate support to access library services and resources. They are all assisted fairly
- Exam papers: A selection of the past five years of Curtin University examination papers are provided online via the Curtin library catalogue (for Curtin students)
- Help and advice: Specialised staff can help you find relevant information for assignments or research, help with access to library resources and provide advice on how to correctly reference reading materials
- Information resource search and discovery: Clients can easily get access to Curtin Mauritius Library physical collection. All racks are numbered and with subject titles to enable one to discover and access resources easily. Prescribed books list with rack number are prepared and kept at issue desk for consultation. Curtin Students can get access to Curtin online database for scholarly e-resources including e-books, Journal articles, reviews, legal documents and more, harvested from publishers and from open-access repositories
All Students can get access to “Ebscohost database and USA e-library (contact library staff for password)
- Library induction and orientation: The library provides introductory information, aimed at those new to Curtin Mauritius Library on how to use the full range of library services and facilities. Short presentations have been prepared to guide students on online libraries and databases such as, Curtin online library, Ebscohost database, USA e-library etc. Curtin students can get access to Curtin online library All students can get access to: Ebscohost database and USA e-library (Contact library staff for password)
- Print, Copy and Scan: Facilities to copy, scan and print are available in the library. Printing in the library is available only to part-time students while full time students can get all their printings done in Bookshop during opening hours.
- Research repository service: This service is available through Curtin online library via espace @Curtin, the University open access institutional repository. (Curtin Students only) Curtin Mauritius Library also holds a number of thesis and dissertations which are kept in the reference collection
- Reserve and reading lists: Reserve collection materials are kept at Curtin Mauritius Library issue desk counter. This collection refers to essential and recommended readings used in teaching and learning placed by lecturers for their units. These resources are circulated to the group on short loan
- Reading lists: Learning resources are available to enrolled staff and students through Curtin online library.
- Training and consultation service: Training is provided to students and researches to learn, practice and improve skills and understand the information resources available so that they are effective in using information for their study and research now and in the future. More information is available on: http://libguides.library.curtin.edu.au/research-study/research (for Curtin students)
Monday to Wednesday: 8:00 am to 7.30 pm
Thursday and Friday : 8:00 am to 5.00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 4.30 pm