New Think Tank: The Charles Telfair Centre
August 31, 2020
The Charles Telfair Campus with its partner Curtin University planted the seed of the Charles Telfair Centre project as part of its vision to grow and give back to the community.
The centre is a multidisciplinary platform for cutting-edge knowledge sharing and debate in Mauritius. It offers a safe space where dominant discourses can be challenged, and innovative ideas and perspectives scrutinised.
With knowledge and insight pertinent to Mauritius and the region fragmented and scattered locally and internationally, the centre ambitions to gather and showcase rigorous analyses featuring best practices, pioneering initiatives, and creative solutions to support Mauritius and the region in their ability to respond to challenges and seize opportunities across social, economic and policy domains.
It further ambitions to act as a catalyst for collaboration between private and public decision makers and thought leaders. The underlying philosophy is that by creating a space for dynamic and constructive exchanges and debate, we can build new knowledge and understanding.
The Charles Telfair Centre difference:
- We are non-partisan and our publications are objective and evidence-based
- With the Charles Telfair Campus, we are in partnership with Curtin University, a leader in cutting-edge research
- We have access to an international pool of leading experts.
- We step back from the news to decipher and produce quality in-depth analyses of current issues.
- We remove silos and bring together academics, public and private practitioners to create synergies and generate dialogue and exchanges.
- We propose multidisciplinary and diverse perspectives
- We use collaboration, open source publications, dialogue and exchange to create virtuous circles of knowledge creation.