Learning and teaching is core to what we do and the key mission of the Office of Learning and Teaching is to foster excellence in learning and teaching practices, scholarship and innovation, through the empowerment and motivation of all teaching academics.
To achieve its mission, the Office of Learning and Teaching has identified the following objectives:
- Provide strategic leadership to Curtin Mauritius about learning and teaching innovation, scholarship and practice
- Scholarship of learning and teaching and stakeholders consultation
- Contribute to design of learning programmes
- Contribute to design of learning spaces – including digital environment and tools
- Facilitate professional development of academic staff
- Provide support for practice of learning and teaching instructor empowerment
- Develop a culture of research
Curtin Mauritius is the first institution in Mauritius to be equipped with the distributed learning facilities providing students with a true global experience during their studies. The facility allows for an immersive collaboration between campuses across the world.